CO and CO Detector
CO detector is a device that detects the Carbon Monoxide gas. Carbon Monoxide is gas that produced by an incomplete combustion of Methane, Propane or Butane gas in a heating system such as Furnace, Boiler, Fireplace, Water tankless or Hot Water Tank in particular in Calgary. For example for Methane gas: if we add heat and oxygen to the methane in ideal form or complete combustion, we get dioxide carbon and water.
Now, if in the production get any C or CO, it means incomplete combustion happened.
CO is a colorless, tasteless and odorless compound produced by incomplete combustion of carbon-containing materials. CO is a killing gas if the Particle Per Millions (PPM) passes a level, I would be dead dangerous.
As CO levels increase and remain above 70 ppm, symptoms may become more noticeable (headache, fatigue, nausea). As CO levels increase above 150 to 200 ppm, disorientation, unconsciousness, and death are possible. If the CO level reach 1000 ppm, less than few mutinies leave the place. If CO level 150 8 hours is the maximum time a normal person can handle the poisons.
Symptoms vary depending on the concentration of carbon monoxide in the environment, the length of time you are exposed, and your health. If you are exposed to very high levels of carbon monoxide gas in a poorly ventilated room, you can develop:
- Shortness of breath
- Personality changes
- Unusually emotional behavior or extreme swings in emotions
- Malaise (a generally sick feeling)
- Clumsiness or difficulty walking
- Vision problems
- Confusion and impaired judgment
- Nausea and vomiting
- Rapid breathing
- Chest pain
- A rapid or irregular heartbeat
If you are exposed to very low levels of carbon monoxide over a longer period (weeks or months), your symptoms can appear like the flu, with headache, fatigue, malaise (a general sick feeling) and sometimes nausea and vomiting. People with long-term exposure to low levels of carbon monoxide also can have numbness, unexplained vision problems, sleep disturbances, and impaired memory and concentration.
Few things need to do to avoid having CO in the house.
- Every year the furnace must be serviced and CO level need to be measured
- Putting a CO Detector to each level of the house within 5 meter to the bedroom
- Check the CO Detector every year by professional
For any question please visit us at Best Budget Boiler at: www.bbbplumbing.ca